T-FITNESS aims to establish an innovative platform for precise tuning of the expression levels of master regulators orchestrating T cell exhaustion. To achieve this goal, T-FITNESS workplan include the following packages:
- WP2 Small RNA-seq focuses on characterizing the microRNA profile of exhausted T cells to identify exhaustion microRNAs that will be employed to trigger T-FITNESS synthetic sensors.
- WP3 OMICs focuses on characterizing the transcriptomic and epigenetic profiles of exhausted T cells to identify the exhaustion master regulators that will be targeted by T-FITNESS
- WP4 Synthetic Immunology focuses on developing miRNA-based synthetic logic circuits to reprogram T cells undergoing exhaustion.
- WP5 CRISPR/Cas focuses on optimizing genome editing strategies for efficient and precise integration of T-FITNESS synthetic sensors into genome targeted regions.
- WP6 T cell therapy is responsible to validate the reprogramming efficacy of T-FITNESS technology by performing functional studies in vitro and in vivo.
- WP7 cGMP manufacturing focuses on scaling-up the T-FITNESS platform and developing a cGMP-compliant manufacturing process that will be employed in future clinical studies.
- WP1 Management focuses on managing the project according to the workplan and EU requirements.
- WP8 Dissemination & Exploitation is responsible to identify and approach stakeholders and execute outreach and exploitation activities through conferences, publications, and industry meetings.
- WP9 Portfolio Activities is aimed to cross-catalyse the research with other EU-granted projects to increase its impact, strengthen the EU research community and stimulate business opportunities.